Shazam have just announced that their app is now available on Windows Phone 8. Shazam recognizes music and media playing around you. Tap the Shazam button to instantly tag, and then explore, buy and share. Tagging is unlimited, so use Shazam as much as you want.
Once you’ve tagged something, you can:
- Buy tracks from Xbox Music and Nokia Music (and find others by the same artist)
- Watch the videos on YouTube
- See top tags in your area
- Discover new music with the Shazam Tag Chart
- Check out the artist’s bio and discography
- Share tags on Twitter, Facebook and Windows Live
- Set any track as your Lock Screen Background
- View your most recent tag
- See the 3 most popular tags in your area
- Tag straight from the Start Screen
- Redesigned for Windows Phone 8
- Glorious new UI
- New Live Tiles
- Faster tagging
- Localized for 16 languages
- Lock Screen Background
Shazam Launches Windows Phone 8 App with Links to XBox Music, Faster Tagging and More
London – 30 May 2013 – Shazam®, the world’s leading media engagement company, today announces the launch of the Shazam App for Windows Phone 8, with an innovative user interface and features including the industry’s fastest tagging, local tags and tagging from the home screen. The Shazam App is free with unlimited tags and helps consumers discover new music by identifying any song in mere seconds, then enabling them to go on and purchase their favorite tracks from either XBox Music or, if using a Nokia phone, Nokia Music. Also, with Win Phone 8, TV fans can use the Shazam App to get a great interactive second–screen experience with the TV shows and ads that interest them. The app also provides convenient social features with Facebook and Twitter.
“We are incredibly excited about this launch as it brings so many of Shazam’s key features to Windows Phone 8 fans,” said Daniel Danker, Chief Product Officer for Shazam. “Windows Phone 8 users now have access to a great smartphone experience, from faster tagging and a new interactive map, where users can discover the music people are listening to around them. This is more than just the music that’s already popular; these are often songs people are discovering for the first time.”
The new Shazam App for Windows Phone 8 will include popular Shazam features such as unlimited tagging, so that Windows Phone users can tag all the music, TV shows and ads they like, as well as:
· Local tags – Shazamers can check out the current tagging activity in their location, updated every 30 minutes, using the interactive mapping feature. This feature can also be set as a tile on the home screen.
· Social sharing – Shazam users can share their finds with friends over Facebook and Twitter
· Lyrics – With one touch, fans can see the lyrics to the songs they tagged.
· Music reviews and bios – people can get more information about the albums and artists they tag.
· Music Links – Now, it’s easier than ever for people to buy the songs they like with links to XBox Music and, if they are using a Nokia phone, Nokia Music hubs.
· Lock Screen background – Music fans can set their favorite cover art or tag charts as their phone’s wallpaper.
· Tag from the home screen – When Shazamers pin the tagging button to their home screen, they have faster access to discover, buy and share the media that interests them.
Additionally, the launch of Shazam on Windows Phone 8 features the great new look and feel of the Shazam App. The new Shazam design also includes larger artwork for tags and a richer blue background.
Downloading Shazam onto your Windows Phone 8 desktop, laptop or tablet is easy. The Microsoft Windows Store is built into every platform, making downloading the app a simple transaction.